Lawn Sand (4-0-0) + 1% Fe
This popular easy to use product is very effective in giving your lawn that spring boost and is usually used as a first feed. Lawn Sand can be used on a regular basis without damaging your lawn.
One of the most popular treatments on the market, lawn sand is a blend of fine, clean sand combined with iron sulphate and ammonium sulphate.
The iron sulphate helps get rid of unwanted, invasive plants such as moss and weeds while leaving your grass untouched.
Ammonium sulphate enriches your grass helping to give it a strong, healthy green colour.
This product is easy to use and highly effective, but too much can be as bad as too little, so it is important to follow the distribution guidelines carefully.
It should not be confused with ‘top dressing sand’ which can also be used on grass but for difference purposes.
Top dressing sand has no beneficial chemical content.
Caution: The use of this product may inhibit the growth of moss. Do not use in drought conditions.
- Response to application can normally be seen within 7 days.
- Granule dispersal/breakdown takes around 4-5 days.
- When applying, ensure you get even application/coverage by using a mechanical spreader, set at the correct settings.
- Avoid mowing for around a week either side of the application.
- Avoid applying during Drought conditions.
Application rate: 70g/sq. m. (2oz/sq. yd.)
Coverage: 285 sq.m @ 70g per metre
Spring: March, April, May.
Summer: June, July, August.
Autumn: September, October, November
Packaged Weight: 20kg